You battle back and forth with a thought, trying desperately to figure out the best thing to do.
You think you’ve landed on a solution but then you um and ah, and change your mind.
Before you know it, you throw your arms up in the air and end up not making a decision!
This only makes you more frustrated and that thought keeps coming back to bite you on the ass!
With Christmas just a couple of days away, is there something that needs your attention but you procrastinate about making a decision?
Do or do you not visit the in-laws?
Do you or do you not get in touch with friends you’ve not seen for ages?
Do you or do you not stick to your diet?
Do you go for the audition or not?
Do you ask for a transfer or not?
Do or do you not choose to take control of your procrastination problems?
Here are some perspectives to help you…
- Make a decision and allow the consequences or rewards to present themselves
- Accept the consequences and reflect on what you can do differently next time
- Accept the rewards and celebrate your decision
- Never make a decision from an emotional perspective
- You can control what you think and do, but you can’t control what others think and do – If you worry about what others will think, remember you can allow yourself to take control for what you believe is right
- In time your confidence in making decisions will strengthen
All you need to do now it take action.
Take it easy