“To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.”Picabo Street
Without growth and change we become stagnant
The interest I have to help others grows, as do my skills when I listen to others and yesterday I received some great news that has made me want to up my game.
Yesterday I was approached by the director of an online community of around 40,000 people from all over the world with an interest in personal growth, professional development and mental wellness asking if they could use my blog to publish within an article and promote on their new website!
This could lead to more blogs being posted to a wider audience.
Sharing my insights, experience and tips to help others is something I enjoy doing, knowing if you can take just one golden nugget from my words, then they have been worth writing and so I agreed.
This new information led me to research how to improve my blogging skills because now, the game has changed and I want to learn and grow from the best and so I discovered a guy called Jeff Goins who really knows his blogs and from hereon-in, I’ll be making small steps in different directions to grow as a blog writer.
I listened to a podcast he was a guest on which can be found here, to help me understand how blogging can help others and generate money, and learned the following golden nuggets:-
Nuggets from Jeff Goins
- Writing a blog is, in itself a practice and is every growing
- Writing blogs can lead to Ebooks, webinars, training and tools to share with your audience
- Run your own race! Be specific in which race you’re running and use a combination of tools, strategy and principles. The tools and strategy may change but the principles set the foundation
- One of those principles is give before you ask (Heard from Gary Vaynerchuk). Give, Give, Give, ask.
- Be generous with your audience
- Make it about them and sometimes, someone may make it about you
- You can give away your success without asking for anything in return
- Spread your goodwill
- Listen to what the people who have done this, have to say and learn
- Lead magnet rewarding someone for their attention. Start listening!
- Become a student – Be willing without arguing.
- The oldest things that have worked for a long time are the strategies that will continue to work.
- Connect with influential people.
- Can I write a guest post for you? Can I share this tip with your audience?
- Case study strategy – Be humble enough to say I don’t know and can I be a case study for your suggestions and insights? People who share advice rarely hear from those who are applying the tips. So when you become the case study of the giants that come before you, you can find yourself in front of the audience.
- Masterminds – running masterminds growing together. Live events and conferences. Workshops.
- Do a step by step process for your audience
- Why Blog? To Spread an idea and to market a product or service I have to sell
What Does This New Direction Mean For You?
Firstly who are you? Are you my ideal audience or are you just a curious window shopper?
There are two audiences I wish to share my knowledge with:-
- Professional athletes wanting to overcome a tough time and move on from anxiety to improve quickly
- Team Owners/Directors wanting change to improve the results
Taking one of the nuggets above, there are some principles, tools and strategies I would like to share with you and if they resonate with you, then I know we can help each other
Principles Of Values
- Accountability – Being accountable means taking ownership for successes and mistakes
- Balance – Knowing what to put down, what to invite in and what to adjust
- Calm – Letting go of anxiety, stress and bad feelings towards others and appreciating yourself and those you value around you
Principles Of Growth
- Have a valid reason to want things to improve or change
- Have an open mind to learning new concepts and perspectives
- Have an ability to put these new concepts and perspectives into action
Tools for you
There are four areas in which I have experience and expertise I need to share with those wanting to improve…(Click the link to find out more of each tool)
- 1-2-1 mental performance coaching for the professional athlete. When an athlete is struggling or wanting to remove stress and anxiety, I am trained in helping an athlete connect with their reality, create a vision and use psychological techniques to help them move forward quickly
- Consultations for teams/clubs. As a director of a national league basketball team that attracted top talent and won promotion in the first year, there are strategies I want to share with the aspiring team or club wanting to win and help them implement them should they need support
- Blogs. Writing blogs is a great way to share my expertise for free to anyone who has a desire to learn and grow in sports and also to find out a little bit about what drives me. I can categories them so it’s easier for the reader to find a topic.
- Resources. These free resources give you some strategies to use immediately to help you understand what you can do right now for change and improvements. Why wait! These will grow and change as I learn more from learning from clients and as they learn from me.
This I need to work on!
I have the principles in place, I have the tools and now I need a strategy to get me results.
What results am I after?
Sharing as much as I can to those people I feel can benefit and when they are ready, they will let me know and I can support them on a more personal level.
Jeff has a few tricks up his sleeve to generate income that include an Ebook, Masterminds, Workshops, Live events, webinars and training to help the audience through investing their money and it’s some of these strategies I need to learn and begin to roll out.
Perhaps if you’re a former or current professional athlete or a Director of a team/club and have a great audience perhaps I could write a blog for you around mindset and how to quickly change your perspective for improved results?
Yes, you guessed it, that’s a strategy I’m open to trying.
The NEAT System
One strategy I have up my sleeve is a system. A system that incorporates principles and allows me to connect with the right people. That system is called The NEAT System and if you’re still reading this, then you believe in the system.
The system is based on the principles you can’t help all the people all the time and even though I may identify people as needing my help, until their desire to want to improve, becomes greater than their desire to stay the same, the NEAT System or any other system won’t be of any interest to them.
So I need a way to save them time and save me time and therefore energy and allowing me to focus on those who really resonate with what I offer.
As my journey continues, I would like to extend an invitation to subscribe to my blog so you’re notified when I next post and also make suggestions on what you’d like me to write about that can help you as a professional athlete or team owner/director.